Are you based in the Black Country and have always wanted to start your own business or social enterprise?
We have a team of advisors who can work with you to develop your ideas into fully developed plans and with the support to give you the confidence to take those steps – whether as a business start-up, a CIC or social enterprise or as an existing business who needs some independent guidance.
Our experienced business team can help you in three ways;
- Business Start Up support
- Business Mentoring for established businesses
- Fully funded workshops
Business Start Up Support
Since the covid pandemic, many people have decided to take the plunge and set up on their own. If you have been made redundant or have had a ‘side hustle’ or hobby you now want to develop into a business, you may be ready to go it alone. This could be as a profit-based business, a social enterprise, or a community interest company.
Whichever is right for you, our experienced team can help you with fully funded advice to;
- explore your ideas
- set up your business or social enterprise in the correct way
- write a Business, Financial or Marketing Plan
- find the relevant finance to turn your ideas into reality
Business Mentoring for established businesses
We can also help you if you have an established business and are at a stage where you need some advice and consider other options and opinions. Being a business owner can be lonely at times and having an impartial person to bounce ideas off can make all the difference. Our team can mentor and guide you along your journey.
Fully Funded Workshops
Through the RAISE project, and in addition to these services, our team also provide a range of workshops.
A programme for those thinking of going self-employed in the Black Country
- Business Planning – giving a clear understanding of what’s required; both legally and practically
- Marketing – researching, finding and reaching your ideal customer
- Finance – business expenses, taxes, legal requirements and funding
A programme for existing businesses and social enterprises in the Black Country
- An initial 1-2-1 consultation to discuss how to boost your business with strategic planning
- Workshops to learn tips on finance, operations and marketing to help scale up your business
- Bespoke 1-2-1 sessions tailored to your needs
These are available to those on the RAISE – Raising Aspirations, Inspiring Self-Employment and Social Enterprise – project which is fully funded and delivers support to budding entrepreneurs in the Black Country to set up and run their own business. It specifically targets underrepresented groups including women, BAME communities and disabled people.
The business support is delivered with empathy, patience and with the aim of empowering you take the necessary steps to develop your business start-up. Our advisors – many of which are accredited – walk your path alongside you, listen to your concerns and offer practical and pragmatic advice. They take huge pride in your achievements and want to help you succeed.
Our aim is to inspire and motivate you to achieve your full potential
The Business Centre, Church Street, West Bromwich, B70 8RP
0121 525 2558
Charity No: 1158859