It’s hard to know if you are receiving all the benefits you’re entitled to and everything you can claim for. The online systems can be really confusing. Our advisors have years of experience and can work out what you can and can’t claim for.
We sit down with you and look at your whole family and living situation and find out if there are gaps in your current claims and if there is any funding available to you. Our advisors will help complete the forms with you, help you understand what evidence or paperwork is needed and even go to meetings as your support if you want them to.
We can also help you look at a range of other matters which can be overwhelming and make life more complicated than it needs to be, such as;
- managing your budget, your bills and how to save money
- energy saving and switching providers
- Universal Credit advice
Once we have started to help you, you may recognise other areas you want to develop; such as;
- improving your confidence and self esteem
- develop your communication skills
- volunteering to get work experience
- getting into paid work
- looking at courses to learn new skills
We have two fully funded projects running at the moment called Family Matters and Bridges which are Black Country based. These have similar aims and are aimed to support those from 16 years plus (Family Matters) and 25 years plus (Bridges). Don’t worry about knowing if you fit the criteria as we can work that out for you. The projects aim to help by;
- providing specialised support
- supporting carers get into paid work
- mentoring you on a one-to-one basis
- finding courses which can help you develop your skills
- creating a CV
- helping you search for jobs
- completing job application forms – in paper or on the computer
- developing your interview skills
- and much much more!
We are particularly interested in talking to people who have not been in paid work or claiming benefits and are looking for a change – such as carers, college leavers and those who are unable to claim benefits regardless of the reason.
Our aim is to inspire and motivate you to achieve your full potential
The Business Centre, Church Street, West Bromwich, B70 8RP
0121 525 2558
Charity No: 1158859