As a registered charity, SWEDA aims to helps people in the Black Country in a variety of ways but all with the same goal;
Our aim is to inspire and motivate you to achieve your full potential
SWEDA aim to be your support; to guide and assist you through those times. We can help you in four areas;
- Business & Social Enterprise Services – our team are here to help you start up your own business or social enterprise, develop any existing projects or seek funding
- Digital Skills – our IT team work with you to teach you all about the online world, create a CV and / or job search. They can also help with Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel etc.
- Employment Support – from making the decision to find employment to starting on your first day, our team can guide you through every step and at your pace
- Welfare Advisory Services – this service covers so many topics it’s hard to list them all. From making sure you are getting all the benefit support you are entitled to, to resolving any benefits issues you may have and then on to helping you with your confidence, self-esteem and communication skills.
When you come to us, we work with you on an individual basis – assessing what you need and your current situation. Our advisors take the time to listen to you without judgement to see what solutions we can offer and who else within SWEDA can support you too. We take an holistic view and work together to make sure you are getting all of the support you need. Our services can stand alone but are also part of the SWEDA ‘mix’ – we are a strong team who work with your best interests at heart.
Examples of this could be;
- You want to set up your own business and so our Business Team may introduce you to our Welfare Team to make sure you are getting the benefits you are entitled to
- You are working with our Employment Support Team to get back into employment and mention that you have a issues with your child’s school and don’t know what to do. Our Welfare Team can be your advocate and attend those meeting with you as a support.
- If you are unemployed and thinking of getting back into paid work, our Employment Support Team will help you develop your skills and put you in touch with the Digitla Skills Team so you can learn how to apply online and write a CV
We also have connections with many external organisations who offer services which we don’t. If it is that you need their support, we will make sure you are put in touch with the right person and make them aware of you and your situation before you contact them. We try to be there working alongside you every step of the way.
We are fully funded and therefore the work we do for you is free of charge – all we ask is that you live in the Black Country.
The Business Centre, Church Street, West Bromwich, B70 8RP
0121 525 2558
Charity No: 1158859