The Sandwell Language Network (SLN) provides a programme of free, community-based English language learning support across the borough. The SLN programme aims to tackle health and economic inequalities, reduce isolation and promote community cohesion through basic language skills learning across Sandwell.
Delivers pre-entry and entry-level ESOL classes in community hubs, to meet a need and plug the gap in basic language skills provision. Supports learners with:
- access health and wellbeing support, and improve health literacy
- be better able to find work and to progress within work, through ‘employability booster’ sessions alongside language learning
- access IT as part of their language learning
- interact more confidently with local services and
- connect with people in their neighbourhood
- access advice, wellbeing, and employability services in local centres
The SLN programme is mainly funded by Sandwell Council Public Health with additional support from the Council’s Employment and Skills Team. It is managed by Sandwell Consortium and is delivered by 16 community partners; and is steered by an ‘SLN Partnership’ of local organisations: Sandwell Council, Sandwell Consortium, Sandwell College, Sandwell Adult & Family Learning, Sandwell Council for Voluntary Organisations and two community partners.
The Business Centre, Church Street, West Bromwich, B70 8RP
0121 525 2558
Charity No: 1158859